Thursday, September 25, 2014

2004 Best Korean Dramas

2004 was a great year for dramas in Korea, or at least in my eyes. Many memorable dramas and my favourite drama of all time came from this year. Here are my favourites from the year without spoilers! 

Feel free to click on the links, they lead to the actors/actresses wiki page. If you need a face reference to the names.

5. Something Happened In Bali
Although I didn't fully understand the storyline when I first watched this drama, as I was young, the ending scene has stuck with me for very long. It left me in confusion and the refusal to accept it (if you have watched this drama you will know). The female lead SIGH** Is all I have to say about her. Indecisiveness is really... annoying. That ending... I can't even.

I may have to rewatch this one. My memory of this drama has been erased because of that ending. I have intentionally blocked it all out. I have included this drama in the list as it was one that has stuck in my mind all these years. I like a drama that forces me to rethink and analyse.

This drama is the ultimate triangle of love between Ha Ji Min, So Ji Sub and Jo In Sung.

4. My 19 Year Old Sister-in-law/She is Nineteen
This was a funny one. It was charming. 

Han Yu Min (Jung Da Bin) a 19-year-old pretends to be a student at university so she can get closer Kang Min Jae (Kim Jae Won), a doctor she has been holding a crush for the longest time. She feels guilty, but it means she can see him more often. 

Min Jae's mother forces him to get into an arranged marriage with a CEO's daughter, so she can reap the benefits. To avoid this, Min Jae hires Yu Min as his fake fiancee until his true love returns to him. However, he soon finds out her real age and the fact that his younger brother is in the same grade as her.

3. Full House
I remember how much I had loved this drama when I was younger, I use to watch it over and over again. Thinking back, the storyline was quite childish. As for now, I wouldn't watch this drama again, unless I was really bored and had absolutely nothing to do. 

I think you would like this drama if you are a young teen. The storyline is simple and an easy watch. I ranked this high because it provides for me, fond memories.

As for the fashion in this drama... no comment.

Lee Young Jae (Rain) is a famous actor who enters a contract marriage with an ordinary woman, Han Ji Eun (Song Hye Gyo). Young Jae had previously bought her house under less than ethical conditions. Whilst, Ji Eun was on holidays her 2 BEST friends (a couple) sold her house because they needed finances, as she is pregnant. 

For Ji Eun, this house means everything to her, as it was her last gift from her father (he built the house). She enters the contract under the conditions she gets this house back. Can their love remain only on paper?! Yeah right.

2. Save the Last Dance with Me
All these years this drama has remained close to my heart. It is one of the few dramas that I rewatch over and over. The drama captured my heart as I was drawn to and grew attached to the characters.

This drama does amnesia right, although I was crying so much. I was taken on an emotional roller coaster with Jin Eun Su (Eugene) and Kang Hyun Woo (Ji Sung). There are two instances of amnesia in this drama but they were done well and developed the characters further. Love prevails all is the main message. I truly admire a love as strong as the two leads.

Give this drama a go if you need a good cry! 

P.S. This was the drama Ji Sung first met Lee Bo Young (whom he married).

1. I'm sorry, I love you
My all time favourite drama and all time favourite OST by my most beloved Park Hyo Shin. After watching this drama, there was really no turning back. I was forever sucked into the KDrama world and I am still in search for a drama to top this one.

It is a story of love and mistaken-revenge. Cha Moo Hyuk (So Ji Sub) is an orphan who was abandoned at birth. He was adopted at the age of two by an Australian family. He left home at the age of ten because of mistreatment by his adopted parents. He makes a living as a less than decent person - stealing, drug dealing, living on the streets etc.

Moo Hyuk is struck by two bullets, one is removed but the other is lodged too close to his brain to remove. He has a limited time to live. He insist on going to Korea to see his birth mother. He thought she had abandoned him all these years because of poverty, she turns out to be a top movie star with a son, Choi Yoon (Jung Kyung Ho) also a top star.

He plots to seek revenge by getting close to Yoon as his road manager. On this quest for revenge he falls for Song Eun Chae, (Lim Soo Jung) Yoon's project manager and long time friend.

This is one of those dramas that I think of from time to time in fondness. If you haven't watched this drama yet, please do!! It is one of the few dramas with a well rounded ending that gives a satisfying closure.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment