Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Korean Webtoon Recommendations

My latest obsession has been reading Korean webtoons, with all the webtoon to webdrama adaptions, I have been more and more intrigued into the webtoon world. I am a sucker for those of a romance genre. 

If you are not already aware of what a webtoon is, it is essentially a long vertical comic strip that comes out on a weekly basis on platforms such as Naver or translated on Line Webtoon (links below - hover over titles). I'm diligently following some ongoing webtoons at the moment, which I have enjoyed and will be introducing.

unTouchable by massstar - Ongoing


Sia Lee is a "modern day" vampire who feeds by absorbing energy from human bodies through touch instead of drinking blood (PS she's not draining every little bit of energy from humans it is just through brief contact with skin). Jiho moves in next door, she is attracted to his "clean" and "pure" energy. She purely thinks of him as pray but the comes to realise she has deeper feelings.


Where Tangents Meet by instantmiso - Ongoing



This is quite the cheesy storyline but I love myself some cheese. Rachelle meets Landon who is known to be a player around campus. She befriends him with no prejudice and they grow closer as friends then lovers. Rachelle is Landon's first serious relationship and Landon is Rachelle's first boyfriend.

P.S. The storyline is pretty much up to there without including any spoilers. 












Orange Marmalade by Seokwoo - Complete


Another series where vampires and humans coincide. Set in high school, Baek Mari has been moving from school to school, hiding her identity as a vampire (most humans still show disgust towards them). She is determined to graduate her current school but she falls for Jaemin who despises vampires.

P.S. The colouring in this series is so beautiful. The shades, gradients, is all so intricate. 

P.S.S The webtoon is sooooo much better than the drama, I was frustrated how much they changed the storyline....

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading Where Tangents Meet! I was so disappointed when it ended, but I'm enjoying reading the author's new webtoon too. Right now I'm really into A Compendium of Ghosts. It was released recently on Lezhin, and I was originally drawn to it because of its unique art style. It's set in an older time period, which I'm usually not a fan of. But it was actually really easy to get involved with the characters and get invested in the story. I definitely recommend checking it out if you enjoy dramas.

    ReplyDelete